MBA Admissions Information
How to Apply
Complete the electronic MBA application.
Confirm your graduate studies enrollment, check your requirements, and learn about attending and living at Rensselaer.
Round 1: December 15
Round 2: February 15
Round 3: April 15 (Final international applicant deadline)
Round 4: June 15
Early admission deadline is December 15. We strongly encourage all interested students to apply early to ensure the best chance of admission and financial aid.
- MBA Application
- GMAT* (preferred) or GRE** scores
- Two essays, as indicated below
- Undergraduate Transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation from professors and employers
- TOEFL** (89 or above) or IELTS (6.5 or above)
score required for International applicants
- Prospective applicants, especially those who have been away from a school or test-taking setting for more than one year, may also consider submitting the ETS Personal Potential Index (PPI) to supplement their application. This test provides information on six personal attributes that professional and graduate schools have indicated are critical for academic success:
- Knowledge and creativity
- Communication skills
- Planning and organization
- Ethics and integrity
The applicant selects evaluators — typically, faculty members or supervisors — to evaluate him/her on each of these dimensions by responding to 24 statements and providing an overall rating. Evaluators can also include optional comments.
A total of five evaluators is recommended, representing at least three different organizational groups — departments, companies, labs, in which the applicant has worked or studied.
More information about the PPI may be found at this link: http://www.ets.org/ppi/applicants/start/.
- Two themes that underlie Lally programs are innovation and technology management, particularly as they relate to entrepreneurship, financial analysis, and international business development. Tell the story of your career so far and how the Lally degree would expand your options in these or other areas and enable you to attain the career goals you are considering. Maximum 500 words.
- Given our emphasis on innovation and entrepreneurship in both technological entrepreneurship and finance, students who succeed at Lally tend to be creative individuals who are fascinated with new products and new business ideas and are especially good at identifying new opportunities. Please send us an example of your creative thinking. This couldbe, but should in noway be limited to, one of the following
The only restrictions are that it cannot be larger than 2 cubic feet (1 foot x 1 foot x 2 feet), no heavier than 50 pounds, and if you upload (or send) a written document, no longer than 1,500 words. If you submit something other than a written work, you must also submit a description of not more than 500 words explaining your submission.
- An idea for a new business
- An advertising campaign
- A drawing of a new product idea
- A physical prototype of a new product or concept (use your creativity to amaze us with your idea!)
- A creative application of a new technology or new business idea to a pressing world problem; for example, an environmental problem or a problem relating to quality of life in a third world country
Please include your name, your date of birth, and the degree you are applying to.
*GMAT Score Reporting
1. Register at http://www.mba.com
2. At this link, search for Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute– The Lally School of Management and Technology.
3. To report your score, choose your intended degree from the list of programs available:
- MBA, Full Time
- M.S. in Financial Engineering and Risk Analytics (FERA)
- M.S. in Management
- M.S. in Technology Commercialization and Entrepreneurship (TCE)
- Ph.D. Program
** GRE and TOEFL Reporting Code is 2757