CFS Seminar Series
The Center for Financial Studies hosts two lecture series that bring to campus distinguished speakers from academia and business to share their research and views with RPI students and faculty.
Jerome S. Reinert, ’56 Visiting Executive Series
This lecture series is underwritten by donations from Rensselaer alumnus Jerome "Jerry" Reinert '56.
Mr. Reinert received his bachelor's degree in management from Rensselaer in 1956 and later earned an MBA from New York University in 1958. He is president of the Class of 1956 and has been an active volunteer over many years. Mr. Reinert has been honored for his Rensselaer service with the Distinguished Service Award, the Demers Medal, and the Alumni Fellows Award. In addition to the Jerome S. Reinert '56 Visiting Executive Series, Mr. Reinert has also helped to fund the Reinert-Radar Fellowship in Financial Technology which supports two Rensselaer MBA students and a Patroon Scholar through the Rensselaer Annual Fund.
- Alex Rodzianko, CEO of IFC Metropol - Oct. 24, 2013
- Julie Shimer '74, Welch Allyn - November 12, 2012
- Panel Discussion: "Exchange Regimes, Rules and Reactions" - April 27, 2011
Tel Aviv University
Stern School of Business,
New York University
Mark Rzepczynski, FourWinds Capital Management (US) Inc.
Guido Carli University
John Teall, The Lally School, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Marshall N. Carter, New York Stock Exchange - September 2, 2009.
- Ezra Zask, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - December 3, 2008.
- Arturo Estrella, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - October 1, 2008.
- Paul Bennett, New York Stock Exchange - January 15, 2008.
Finance Area Research Seminar Series
In addition, the CFS hosts the occasional Finance Area Seminar. Participants have included:
- Jennifer Dlugosz, Federal Reserve Board - April 6, 2012
- Nikolaos Papanikolaou, School of Finance, University of Luxembourg - April 5, 2011
- Yawen Jiao,
The Lally School, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - March 29, 2011
- Thomas Cooley '65, NYU Stern School of Business - March 9, 2011
- Oskar Kowalewski, World Economy Research Institute, Warsaw School of Economics (SGH) - March 8, 2011
- Karthik Krishnan, Northeastern University - March 1, 2011
Paul McNelis, Fordham University - November 10, 2010
David Chapman, Carroll School of Management, Boston College - November 2, 2010
Khondker Karim, Rochester Institute of Technology - April 7, 2010
Seunghan Nam, The Lally School, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - February 16, 2010
Yinghong Zhang, The Lally School, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - February 2, 2010
Shaker A. Zahra, Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota - November 3, 2009
- Gerald P. Dwyer Jr., Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta Research Department - April 28, 2009
- Meher Manzur, Curtin University of Technology, Australia - March 31, 2009
- Rez Kabir, University of Sterling, Scotland - October, 2008
- Mark Flannery, Warrington College of Business, University of Florida - November, 2007