ICFR Rising Stars Conference
A showcase of research conducted by leading younger scholars.
Co-hosted by The Lally School of Management and Technology's International Center for Financial Research at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and New York University's Stern School of Business.
The 2010 Rising Stars Conference was held May 13-14:
The Rising Stars Colloquium, hosted by the ICFR at Lally showcases some of the finest financial economics research in the world conducted by some of the world’s leading younger scholars.
Each session in the Colloquium is led by an internationally-established scholar and each paper’s discussion is led by a leading scholar in the field.
The 2008 Rising Stars Colloquium:
Session I “Imperfect Competition in the Inter-Bank Market for Liquidity as a Rationale For Central Banking”
- Star: Dr. Viral V. Acharya, Professor of Finance and Academic Director Of The Private Equity Institute (PEI) Finance, London Business School
- Discussant: Dr. Franklin Allen, Nippon Life Professor of Finance; Professor of Economics, Co-Director, Financial Institutions Center, University of Pennsylvania
- Session Leader: Dr. Bernard Yeung, Abraham Krasnoff Professorship in Global Business, Stern School of Business - New York University
Session II “CEO Careers and Management Styles”
- Star: Dr. Antoinette Schoar, Michael M. Koerner Associate Professor of Entrepreneurial Finance, Sloan School of Management, MIT
- Discussant: Dr. Sheridan Titman, Endowed Chair Professor, McCombs School of Business, University of Texas at Austin
- Session Leader: Dr.A.W.A. Boot, University of Amsterdam
Session III “Financial Contracting and the Specialization of Assets”
- Star: Dr. Robert Marquez, Craig & Rhonda Cerny Professor in Finance Associate Professor of Finance, W.P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University
- Discussant: Dr. Maureen O'Hara, R. W. Purcell Professor of Management, Cornell University
- Session Leader: Dr. Deborah Lucas, Kellogg School of Business, Northwestern University
Session IV “Do CEOs Matter?”
- Star: Dr. Daniel Wolfenzon, Associate Professor of Finance, Stern School of Business, New York University & Faculty Research Fellow, NBER
- Discussant: Dr. Jeremy Stein, Moise Y. Safra Professor of Economics, Harvard University
- Session Leader: Dr. Kose John, Charles William Gerstenberg Professor of Banking and Finance, Stern School of Business- New York University