Epsilon Delta Sigma Management Honor Society
Founded in 1948, the Rensselaer chapter of the Epsilon Delta Sigma Management Honor Society recognizes significant academic achievement in the Lally School of Management. The society offers opportunities to develop leadership skills through projects associated with the business community.
Epsilon Delta Sigma members work with Lally School faculty to assist with the educational progress and development of undergraduate management students and has supported the overall progression of the school.
- Tutoring — Society members provide academic assistance to Lally School students throughout the year.
- Executive Lectures — The honor society hosts lectures on campus with prominent members of the business community.
- Corporate Field Trips — In past years, the society has participated in group trips to the corporate headquarters of various Fortune 500 companies.
- Resume Book — All members are invited to submit their resumes for the EDS resume book, which is compiled biannually and distributed to recruiters on campus.
Students seeking membership must display the following:
- Management major
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Junior level standing
- Involvement in extracurricular activities and the community
- Leadership experience
Current members must display the following per semester:
- Attend two meetings or seminars
- Volunteer for two community service events
Applying To EDS
We are always seeking highly motivated students to join EDS. Invitations are emailed to qualifying business students annually. If you have any questions, please feel free to email the EDS Officers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When does EDS induct new members?
A: Spring semester.
Q: Are guests allowed at the induction dinner?
A: Guests may attend the induction dinner for a small fee. Most students choose not to invite a guest.
Q: What organizations does EDS work with?
A: EDS works with the Heffner Alumni House to establish and maintain relationships with alumni and alumnae. The society also works with the American Cancer Society, American Red Cross, Ronald McDonald House, Circle K, and Habitat for Humanity.
Q: What role does EDS play within the Lally School?
A: EDS acts as an ambassador for the Lally School within the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute community. It connects students with staff and administration.
- President-Sydney Ruzicka
- VP/Alumni Relations-Elena Smalline
- Treasurer-Phil Nasrallah
- Secretary-Sapna Raghavan
Staff Advisor: Lori Jancik