You are here
Incoming MBA/M.S. Graduate Students
As you prepare for your arrival at Rensselaer, here are answers to some frequently asked questions, information on what to pack, a pre-arrival checklist, and a link to our events page. As more details become available, they will be shared with you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for answers to questions frequently asked by Lally MBA/M.S. prospective graduate students.
- Confirm your admission status, click here.
- Pay $500 deposit on your application portal page, click here.
- International Student VISA process, click here.
- Find housing.
- Arrange for travel to Troy, New York. The closest airport to Rensselaer is Albany International Airport.
- Send your recommenders and mentors a thank-you note and let them know you are attending Lally.
- Check on cell phone service, banking, and change of address.
- See the resource section below for prep work on your MBA or M.S. program.
- Complete required health forms, click here.
Lally MBA/M.S. incoming graduate students are encouraged to register for Lally Base Camp - a voluntary, three-day pre-orientation on campus to experience life in the Capital Region and surrounding campus areas. The Base Camp is followed by a two-day required graduate school orientation.
International Student Arrivals
As an international student, please review the timeline that you will need to follow during the month of August and the recommended packing list below.
- Timeline - Coming Soon
- Packing list
Lally Graduate Orientation
A required two-day orientation that includes events, student advisement, academic integrity education, and activities fair.
Lally Graduate Student Information and Mentor Agreement Form
Each Lally School graduate student is expected to fill out a student information and mentor agreement form at the beginning of the program.
To complete the form, click here.
Program Curriculum and Hours
Learn more about the academic curriculum and class hours for the Lally graduate programs.
Utlize the key resources and guidelines below to help you navigate your graduate student experience.
Code of Conduct and Academic Integrity
- SAS Enterprise Guide Tutorial
- SAS Tutorial with Video Demos
- UCLA SAS Tutorial with Detailed Examples
- Math Modules on Differential Calculus
- Math Modules on Linear Algebra
- How to Download R
- Basic Tutorial on R (Registration is free; R does not have to be installed to take the course)
- Additional R Tutorials (#8 on Reading Data from Files is recommended)
- Get Help/Experiment with R Functions
- R Programming Course
- Database Mini-Courses
Rensselaer Campus Resources
- CDTA Bus: RPI Shuttle, Albany/Troy/Rensselaer, or Hudson River Express
- Department of Motor Vehicles (Change of address, licenses, residency, etc. Please also consult the International Services for Students and Scholars (ISSS) for additional information.)
- Local Restaurants
- Postal Service
- Rensselaer SEFCU (Credit Union)
- Student Campus Housing
- Student Off-Campus Housing
- Student Organizations and Service
- Taxis: Black and White Cab System (518) 272-6961, Capitaland Taxi (518) 270-8294, Acme Taxi (518) 233-8294
*For additional student life and campus resources, click here.
Steps for Career Success
To make the most of your time at Lally and maximize your career success, it will be helpful if you can accomplish the following before you arrive:
- Update your resume to include summer activities and add your pending degree and Lally to your “Education” section.
- Join the Lally Careers LinkedIn group, click here.
- Follow @LallyCareers on Twitter.
- Bookmark the Center for Career and Professional Development (CCPD) and the Lally Careers web page.
Once on campus, make the following your weekly career habits at Lally. Be prepared to block out time in your schedule and pursue these with purpose:
- Identify the internship and full-time opportunities that you wish to pursue.
- Sign into JobLink to check new job and internship postings.
- Attend all Professional Development Workshops (PDW), employer information sessions, and alumni/ae networking opportunities.
- Use your @rpi.edu e-mail address; that’s where we send job and internship opportunities.
- On that note, please look for e-mails from Tammy C. Bolduc.