Bridge the gap between science and business and move discoveries from the lab to the marketplace.
The SciMBA program engages science students early in their undergraduate studies and introduces them to a variety of business principles. In just five years, students earn a bachelor's degree in a science discipline and an MBA from Lally — a valuable combination to successfully lead, manage, and start companies who compete on the basis of technological advantage.
As part of the program, students will participate in internships or co-ops, gaining technological, business, or entrepreneurial experience.
SciMBA students will have slightly higher but achievable workloads than their peers, as the course load can be up to 19 credits per semester during their junior year.
Students can apply at the end of their freshman year.
- Acceptance into the School of Science
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Attendance at pre-MBA seminars
- Students take courses within their chosen science discipline during their first three years.
- During their fourth year, students take an equal mix of science and MBA courses.
- During their fifth year, students focus fully on completing their MBA.