You are here
Are you are a motivated and academically talented student?
The Lally School offers undergraduate students in management the opportunity to seek further specialization in other non-management programs by obtaining dual or double degrees upon graduation.
Undergraduate students who fulfill all the degree requirements for two curricula and who have met the conditions below will have completed a dual major. They will receive one diploma noting both majors.
- The student designates a first-named and second-named major in writing at least one semester prior to graduation, and have the appropriate department(s) approve this designation prior to filing the dual major form with the registrar.
- Each student is assigned an adviser in each department who will monitor progress towards degrees in that department.
- The degree clearance officer in the department certifies that the student has met the degree requirements in that department.
- The 24-credit-hour mathematics/science requirement and the 24-credit-hour humanities and social sciences requirement will satisfy the Institute requirements for both majors.
Dual Major Options
A student may become a candidate for a second baccalaureate degree when he or she has completed:
- The equivalent of at least two terms (30 credit hours) of additional work beyond the requirements of a single degree,
- The courses in the department in which the student is registered and such other courses as are required for the second degree.